Friday 28 October 2011

Speared

I need to tell you something
Arrays of cold clichés seep from open
Throats. ‘Couldn’t he hazard a guess?’
Etc etc – as I pull on un-ironed clothes.
The detergent haze, like a fustian parade
Binds the open hole at my chest.
Takes time you know, descending
Distances – pain assessed by days.
Unbroken lineaments of your talk
Lying loosely wrought.
The flinch of each caress
Throwing love against the wall.
Again and again, ordained with spite
I’ve said – refrain and, don’t reply –
All the rest.
I yet suppose
Arms wane out wide
Bleeding brethren blessings inside
Text messages scar my head.
Mind. That. Child.
I cry sometimes, you know that
Though?
Professional actor might
Put on a show. The stress,
The sores – they slowly grow.
Emitting lines with my midsummer’s
Sky ‘Arise, Mercutio!’
I split up and open in devotion
And lamentable lore – the man
Who knows
On twelfth night I die, raw red inside
Like a pomegranate shorn open.
The proverbial entreating moan
Arises
Perturbing laughter, like a sea
My mouth up-sown, smile graft on bone
Plastered guise, the puppeteer
In incredulity.
I know- you know you know
You know – monosyllabic chant
And it’s lowly float
At the conical coves of ear, my hope.
Flies as
Ironically dry as a fine white wine
Afloat, aghast
Upon your cup of tea.
At last
I choke.

No comments:

Post a Comment