Friday 28 October 2011

Revelation

policed my thoughts – strange sentiments summoned
Of course – refrained, put away, my peripheral dungeon
Unperturbed counsel – brain where words boil their own caldron
Their metaphysical foil, engrained with wonder, shines Zion.
Crying, newborn-numb at your chest, I crumbled like wanton
Brave shards shone from your smile – in Chinatown, we ran on
Crying from laughing – through faces powdered like bonbons
Sapphires, your eyes, light the Mancunian common.
A miniature mirror of phial, ink on a pen-nib unfathomed
Syntax syllabic in sphere, like a soundtrack, you here – through all I have suffered
Strewn through the cracks in my heart like the breath of a lover
You held on.
Cranial complexions, I guess, except you I knew no-one
Still do, who stretched out to hold me like hide on a drum-skin
For my tears dried as tight as the dust draped upon them
Crepe beige hearts sparkled at night like the kiss of a phantom.
Through my finite fantasies thick in my mind, tripped to London
Ironically in the museums, admiring architecture of Ireland, of Stockholm
Your infectious laugh lectures of my answer on some form
Still warming my palm, but your touch slowly gone. I hope home.
Limp on a lawn, a red rose ripe – bludgeoned
Like the full blush of a child, metaphorical love adorned its own truncheon
Rises alive to my surface, the raw-red magnificent sturgeon
Wasted, the heart-stringed bow carcass – snapped when you pulled them.
Disgusting? Through deterrent derogative dreams I still wonder
Whether, hearing your vices, my definitions of normal
Like voices, advances, chanced by harmonic hormones, chemical symbols.
I wish this still
You know, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment